Monday, February 25, 2013

a little about me

There are many words to describe me, most of them probably not very nice ( I will write more on that another time). But the word that I hope most think of when they hear my name is mom. I have been a mom for 20 years now, not always a good one, I'm sure I could have won "crappy mom of the year" multiple times. At least that's what my older kids have told me on many occasions. My children are 20, 15, 4, and 16 months. My stepchildren are 19 and 14, and while I do consider them my kids they live so far away I feel that they would be offended if they thought that? With so many kids my life is a little chaotic but at the same time not that bad. My 20 year old lives out of state and is in school, my 15 year old lives with her dad during the week ( a hard choice) and is here every day she isn't in school and my 2 babies are with me 24/7. I love being a mom and this time around it has been really great because my husband is a very loving, caring father. He comes home and plays with them and just loves on them, it makes me so grateful. Both times I have had little ones I have had a childcare in my home so that I can be at home with mine and still bring home some income. This time my childcare is focused on children with special needs. It's been great and challenging all at the same time. My 4 year old has SPD/SID (sensory processing disorder) which I will write about in another blog, but it has inspired me to love on little ones with speech delays and sensory issues. So I watch 4 other toddlers monday- friday while getting my daughter to her appointments, not always easy but so worth it. And then my youngest, my sweet sweet love jack. I waited for a boy forever and he is everything and more! He is the love of my life ( no offense babe) and was worth the wait and all the pain his pregnancy brought (another blog about that soon). He and I have been on this journey for 16 months and it's exhausting but there is so much love and joy it's overwhelming at times. So this is a little about my crazy life, there is so much more and I will be sharing it soon. 



1 comment:

  1. This is not the place to post this, however I don't know how else to contact you. My kid got a hold of my phone and typed something that must've autocorrected to "no" on one of your facebook links. And it was the worst possible thing to write! I'm so so so sorry. I didn't see it till she fell asleep and then there it was written. I'm truly embarrassed and very sorry. I feel like a moron. First time my one year old daughter did something uncool with my phone. I think what you are doing is great and amazing. Keep up the great work! PS- I understand you keeping me blocked from posting anything on facebook.
    -BreeLTC

    ReplyDelete