Tuesday, February 26, 2013

my first birth story

It's hard to believe that it's been 20 years since my first child was born. She was an easy pregnancy and I am glad since I was young and wouldn't have been able to handle a difficult pregnancy. But my labor with her was so hard and lasted so long, almost 36 hours of back labor. Thanks to my mom who never left my side (and reminds me to this day that it was the most tired she's ever been) my birth experience was amazing! There was pain, crying and a lot of frustration because I wanted an epidural and was never able to get one. So the pain was intense but having a natural birth experience was unreal and something I'm glad I experienced. She came out weighing almost 9lbs and was just gorgeous (still is) and happy! She took right to breastfeeding and we co slept until she was 4. I didn't know about attachment parenting then but my instincts knew what was best for both of us. I still believe that those years we bonded so closely have helped us through some rough teenage years and beyond..she recently moved out of state to go to school and we talk several times a day and remain super close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment