Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Giving my toddler a safe place

I have an in home daycare and have since Emma was 2. And before when my older girls were young. For all of my girls having other children around was great social interaction and they made friends they still have today, then there's Jack. Jack does not enjoy sharing his space, his toys and his mommy. He let's me know what he will tolerate and what is just not going to work for him. This makes my job extremely difficult at times. Don't get me wrong he has more good days than not and he loves babies. But finding a happy middle ground has been a very long and hard process. I have done things like always nursing him when be asks no matter what I'm doing. Unless I'm changing a diaper then he can wait the fevw minutes until I'm ready. Today I had a play and pack out for my youngest toddler who just started walking and needs a safe place if I'm going to be out of the room for more than a minute. Jack saw this and wanted in, he then asked for his buzz lightyears and his tablet, he ate his snack and played for almost an hour. I didn't think to take a picture then. But I may have found a way to give him a few minutes of peace while still being with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment